This will allow you to:
- meet your customers face to face and get product design feedback
- meet business objectives like clearing old stock or testing new designs
- generate a quick revenue boost
- build your brand and generate follow-up sales on your website
There are many opportunities for pop-up shops from empty high-street stores to empty mall units to events and festivals.
Now if you have just got a web-based sales platform, then this is where you start to see your technology choices putting restrictions on your business. Because if your web-cart does not have POS interface on tablet / checkout unit, then these are the kinds of steps you are going to have to do on the POS system
- create a product hierarchy
- then create each product including details including price and stock
- add pricing and tax information
- add promotion information
- add staff details
- add company details like tax registration
Now if you are thinking, hey I already did all of that on my web sales channel, why do I have to do it again? Then that is a good question! If you choose technology like Shopify. Then this already has POS/Mobile/Facebook channels built in, with the express requirement, that each time you add a new channel, your effort is minimal and technology does not get in the way of your business.
If you have 10 minutes here is a great non-technical course from Shopify on how to create a pop-up shop and all the things you need to think about such as display advertising. If technology is a barrier, then you have the wrong technology and the right technology is available from free. Get in contact today. I can help!